Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
risen777
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cancelling Optus account taking mobile number

I’d like to end my Optus account and take my mobile number with me. My 24 month contract ended. I’m only month to month. Do I end first and the mobile number is still good for my next provider?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Cancelling Optus account taking mobile number

In no circumstances end first. Just sign up with your new provider. There should be part of the process where you are asked to enter your current number. This will automatically transfer the number (porting) and close the Optus account.
0 Kudos
Steven_YC

Re: Cancelling Optus account taking mobile number

Hey @risen777 - Thanks for sharing this.

Disappointing to hear that you're wishing to leave. If you're looking to move to another provider, you will need to speak to them first.  The number will need to be active with us in order to do so, which you've mentioned is.

The other carrier can assist with your request and transfer the number out for you, should you wish to do so.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Top Contributors