cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor SBL
New Contributor

Cancelling Contracts

I opened a contract yesterday with the iPhone XS Max and super unhappy with the quality of the phone camera and battery. I went back into store to enquire what my options were with swapping the phone and continuing the contract. As advised I jumped onto the live chat and spoke with one of the consultants who informed me she was happy to waive the $1701.99 and terminate the contract having given I was going to start a new contract and a new device. After many hours of waiting for the systems to collaborate they then backed out of their word and said they made a mistake and are under no liability to follow through with their promises due to staff members being confused about how to do their job. I then dealt with a complaints officer who was the most rudest customer service agent I have ever spoken too (his name was Graham) and he basically laughed at me on the phone telling me he wasn’t going to do anything to continue the situation and his staff members have the right to make mistakes. I’m appalled with this service and I’ve also contacted the ombudsman about this. Just wondering if there’s anyone higher I can deal with in the mean time about being lied too and treated so foul and poorly. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Cancelling Contracts

@SBL, sorry to hear of the experience you've had with us. 

It's a tough one.

We offer contract releases for issues to do with coverage.

If you are experiencing coverage issues on our mobile network, you can say goodbye to us and we’ll gladly cover any cancellation fee and remaining handset charges when you return the phone to us in good working order. Plus, we’ll credit your current month’s plan access fee and handset charges.

If you're wanting to cancel due to change of mind - that's a different story. 

When we'd initially offered to waive the equipment payout fee, I presume we asked you to send the handset back to us? 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor SBL
New Contributor

No she said to me I can keep this device as well as begin a new one. I live in camden so the service out here isn’t great as well. And I’m happy to return my handset. I’m overall really disappointed with Optus. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

There must have been some confusion.

We can't just give you a brand-new phone to keep and waive the charge. 

I'm sorry @SBL, that doesn't right Smiley Frustrated 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor SBL
New Contributor

Yeah absolutely but I have screenshots of the transcript saying they would. I am happy to return my phone and cancel my contract. My service isn’t even good at Camden and it’s not worth all this trouble. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Could you send us a copy of the transcript? I’m going to send that trough to the Live chat management team.

You can private message us directly.

If you could also include your full name, DOB and mobile number - that'd be great.

0 Kudos
New Contributor SBL
New Contributor

It’s already been escalated through the live chat management team I have spoken to many of the consultants who all seem to know nothing about it then having been passed onto a graham who phoned me and was rude and not helpful at all and told me his staff members are entitled to make mistakes. I’m more than positive there are guidelines and customer rights about being lied to and having false information leads. I’ve contacted an ombudsman who has lodged a complaint and am now in the midst of dealing with consumer affairs about this issue. Optus hardly even service my area for starters, half of my house has no service. It’s a joke. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Replied back to your latest PM @SBL

Chat with you there. 

0 Kudos