Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor Sahan
New Contributor

Cancelled mobile number

Hello, 

i had an Optus mobile number before traveling the globe only to return home to find out my number is cancelled, gurantiined and send back to Optus after a 6 month period. 

Can someone plz guide me the process of getting my old number back. 

Some providers like Telstra or Voda gives a new connection IF the old number is still available. 

Whats the procedure with Optus..how can I find out if the number is available ? 

Happy to pay extra charge for the same number.

thanks 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Moderator Kartika

Re: Cancelled mobile number

Hi @Sahan, it depends on how long ago the number was disconnected. Generally, once the number is disconnected it goes into quarantine for 6 months where it cannot be assigned to anyone and then it is made available. So if it has been more than 6 months then there is a possibility it might be in use by someone else already? 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos