cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cancel sim plan

How do I cancel my postpaid sim plan 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Cancel sim plan

Hi,

Youd be required to talk to a Optus rep directly with regards of cancelling you Optus plan. Hopefully the details below help.

You can also find your contract end date via the My Optus app and My Account. 

FROM AUSTRALIA...
If you're within Australia, call us, select your service and choose the 'Cancel' option.

Call us on 133 937

FROM OVERSEAS...
If you're currently overseas, please contact us on this number.

+61280825678

WE'RE OPEN...
8am - 7pm (AEST) Monday to Wednesday
8am - 8pm (AEST) Thursday to Friday
9am - 6pm (AEST) Saturday

Source cancelling-services-returning-equipment

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am going back to my country because of corona virus. So that I need to cancel my sim plan
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I want cancel my services. Please contact me ASAP thanks. *hidden*

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

We have hidden your personal information on our online public forum. We take your privacy very seriously. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to refer to the Community Guidelines. Thank you!

Just a heads up Sunny80 as per the red advisory message on the right when you posted your question that we don't have access to or visibility of customer accounts here on our public forum.

Please contact Optus directly on 133 937 during business hours and holding the line (don't press 1 to be sent the link for the Message team) to get through to a team member.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have been trying to cancel my service with optus for a couple of weeks now and get the same reply but sent 3 different links to the App. Each time is will not recognize my Web address or even DOB. It is to late now as of 5pm this date 26/4/2020 I will now longer either use or monitor this service, as I am moving to a retirement facility and they do not support Optus I have done my best to try and inform them of my situation but each time meet with a brick wall. I will be attending a optus shop in the morning as a last resort, but don't hold much hope. I have even written to Optus Sydney HQ but still no reply. I guess I will have to stop paying my bill after the next one and wait for a reaction
Just in case someone is reading this the service is to hidden
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi DJ3,

Please see this recent post from fellow customer Lewisoz with the current best advice and correct steps to follow on how to cancel your service.

Optus stores do not cancel services.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am using another provider and I want to cancel my Optus service.

Please cancel this service effective immediately. My number is 0437303844.

My account number is hidden120775622 in the name of

Peter McMahon

unit 8

38 Robert Street

Labrador QLD 4215

Regards

Peter McMahon

0 Kudos
Top Contributors