Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Danielle88
New Contributor
New Contributor

Cancel contract

I have been with Optus for 1.5 years I really want to get out my contract ASAP as I am not happy with the service or the customer service (phone) how can I do this 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Davelew
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Cancel contract

Hi

As you posted under mobile I presume it is a mobile service.

Are you out of contract? You can find out when your contacted to by login into My Account dashboard and clicking on my plan.

If you are out of contract and your phone is not locked to optus you can simply purchase a Sim card, activate your sim card and ensure you port your number across to the new provider. This will close the account with Optus.

If your phone is locked to optus you may need to get Optus to provide an unlock code which you may be charged for.

If you are still in contract you will have to buy out the remainding months of your contact.

If you purchased your phone through an optus plan and you are still in contract you will have to pay the remaining installments on your phone and then get the phone unlocked.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Cancel contract

Note some plans have no penalty for the monthly fees (service) but you will always have to pay out the remaining handset cost (if applicable) possibly at non subsidised amounts.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors