Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor SOD
New Contributor

Can't send or receive MMS on Huawei P30 Pro

Howdy All,

Anyone else having problems recieving / sending mms on Huawei P30 Pro. I've checked the APN settings, spent almost an hour on online chat but no luck. I get an icon with the download symbol - when I click it a revolving circle appears - it tries to download for about ten mins then I get a notification that the mms didn't load. 

Interestingly, my old Huawei P9 works fine. Sends and recieves mms with exactly the same settings not on the paid network

Would love some help on the matter as its driving me nuts.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Can't send or receive MMS on Huawei P30 Pro

Any chance you're connecting to WiFi when attempting to download it? 

I can't think of much else to try other than resetting the network settings 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
New Contributor SOD
New Contributor

SamSam,

Defo not connecting to WiFi. Can send and receive SMS fine however just can't send and receive MMS unless I am connected to the mobile data network. My Huawei P9 works fine on same settings. Any other things I could try?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Wait you said you're definitely not on WiFi but then followed up with "just can't send and receive MMS unless I am connected to the mobile data network".

So it works fine when you're on 3G/4G?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
New Contributor SOD
New Contributor

SamSam,

Correct it works OK if I connect to the data network. I don't need to do this on my P9 I can send and receive MMS without connecting to the data network.

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

right ok, on the same page now.

I always thought you had to use mobile data for MMS, weird it worked on your old phone. First thing this article says is switch off WiFi so I think it requires you to be on the mobile network to receive them. No idea why your other phone would act differently

https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/answer?id=2797

0 Kudos
Top Contributors