cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Can't recharge, card blocked?

Today I tried to recharge my mum's credit using my phone/Optus app.
I transferred her from Vodafone to Optus. I went into your store. The girl told me your $10 was 28 days, of course it's not... So anyway I tried to recharge $15 as this IS 28 days. Mum doesn't do email, so the girl put it under my name. All good until today when I tried to recharge. Instant message appeared on app. Your recharge couldn't be processed as you've made multiple transactions in a short period of time? Messaged Optus, they told me bank had blocked my card due to security reasons?
Called my bank, no they have not blocked my card. So as I don't live with my elderly mum, who's credit was expiring today, so no phone for her, brilliant!
Told go buy voucher? Which I had no choice but to go out in 42 degrees & buy it for her. I'm not understanding why I can't Recharge her credit. I think Optus message said as I have my phone & my tablet with Optus & now my mum's number under my name, I have too many Optus accounts?
Is this correct
Can anyone tell me what's the reason.
After 21 days, I think I'll be transferring her back to Vodafone.
Any information regarding as to why I am unable to recharge my mum's number, I'd be grateful
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Can't recharge, card blocked?

Hi there Newhere,

Just following up to see if you got this resolved? I have to do recharges for my mum as well and find the easiest way is just to do it online

I'm afraid we don't have visibility of customer services here on this public forum to be able to see what the issue is/was.

If you still need assistance:

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please Message Us here  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the message. Not really. I tried to do it online, but got the message saying card was blocked as trying up recharge too often? Optus said it was my bank. Checked with them, no, not them. Messaged Optus again, apparently I have too many accounts in my name? My phone, my tablet & now my mum's phone. Just a nitemare. I'm going back to Vodafone once this credit expires. Trying to make things easier resulted in having to go out on a 42 degrees day to buy a recharge voucher in 2020!
Sorry, I don't do social media. I really appreciate your reply and for asking. Optus hasn't of course. Enjoy your day.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

It does certainly sound like you were let down so that is a shame and disappointing to hear.

That is understandable, if you end up changing your mind definitely request to speak to a Manager if you didn't already.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors