cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor benny2015
Occasional Contributor

Re: Can't receive some incoming calls or text messages

Luke, read above post and also refer to this link for some of the troubleshooting process I had to undertake.  If you tell the techs you've done all those things then they'll have no other idea other than to escalate it.

https://community.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/Help-Can-t-receive-calls-messages-from-some-numbers/m-p/131...

Also the tech support person that escalated the issue was a lady called 'Ian' employee 539939, if you can somehow talk to her then she may remember the issue I had and be more responsive toward getting it fixed, I found her to be fairly competent.

Occasional Contributor Luke838
Occasional Contributor

Hi Benny,

Thanks for your help. I have had it escalate twice now. First to 'porting support' and now to 'lead technicians'. I have no idea what either group does.

I'm told that both Vodafone and someone from the lead technicians will ring.

I've reported it to the Telecommunications Industry Ombud, so that might help.

It's really up to Vodafone to fix this. I'm not sure what Optus can do other than nag them.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor benny2015
Occasional Contributor

Re: Can't receive some incoming calls

Hi no problem i know how annoying it was when this happened to me so happy to help. Hopefully they'll have it sorted very soon once optus eventually identified the problem they were quite quick to get on to vodafone to get it fixed. Not sure really who is at fault here but seems like vodafone has some issues at their end for sure i changed from telstra to optus so was quite surprised that there was a vodafone issue.

Highlighted
RetiredModerator Meg
RetiredModerator

Thanks for your help benny2015. You've done the right thing raising this with our Lead Techs Luke838 and it would usually be resolved within 2 days of them receiving the case. However, it can take longer if we have issues tracking where on the networks the problem is originating.

If you have the fault or PR number available I can check the status of your case and let you know how it's tracking for resolution. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks Meg. It's PR13881497.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Meg
RetiredModerator

Thanks Luke838 can see the Techs are investigating now. I'll follow up with them tomorrow morning and see how they have gone with this overnight. Meg

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

RetiredModerator Meg
RetiredModerator

I checked in today and they said this should be resolved within the 48hrs that we advised. I not sorted by tomorrow arvo please let us know. Meg

Occasional Contributor

Thanks so much Meg. I'll let you know either way.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Still no go. I got a couple of calls yesterday though telling me it shouldn't be long.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Nghi
RetiredModerator

Thanks for the update Luke838. Latest notes on ticket #13881497 is still open and we are liaising with Vodafone to get this sorted. Just awaiting response from Vodafone.

Top Contributors