cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor mdmd
New Contributor

Can't receive non optus MMS messages - need skilled Optus technicial support

Since porting to Optus in May 2018, I can no longer receive MMS messages from non Optus users.  I can send MMS messages to all networks fine.

Optus have had me reset my phone completely, reset network settings, checked my APN settings, try my SIM in a different hadset, but I still cannot receive MMS messages from non-optus users.

Everything else works fine.  I can make and receive calls, send and receive SMS messages, use the Internet, and send MMS messages. 

It seems to me like a network issue, or a residual porting issue, but Optus just can't fix it.  Is there a next level support person at Optus that can help me get this fixed?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Re: Can't receive non optus MMS messages - need skilled Optus technicial support

Hey @mdmd, sorry to hear that :/ If you've gone through all the standard troubleshooting and Tech Support lines, the next step would likely refer this through to our Tier 2 team to follow up on and investigate further. Have you receive any past fault/reference numbers we could look at to investigate further?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor mdmd
New Contributor

Re: Can't receive non optus MMS messages - need skilled Optus technicial support

Hi

Thanks so much for looking into this for me. My most recent reference is 19097051.

Yep we have done the level one troubleshooting steps on 4 occasions now. We then get referred to the next level, then receive an SMS saying they can't see any issues, and to reply HELP if we still need assistance. We reply Help but nobody ever gets back to us. We then start again at Level 1. It is quite time consuming so anything you can do to help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Thanks @mdmd. The fault ticket indicates a referral through to technical case management, this is the highest tier of technical escalation. With the ticket being raised on August 2, generally the turnaround time is 48-72 hours and there is a not indicating they've received your SMS (this automatically updates the ticket). The first step is to check for network outages, this is just a standard troubleshooting test to isolate the cause of the issue. Can appreciate jumping through the same steps can be a little frustrating, it's definitely necessary to help us get to the bottom of it though. Can you let us know if someone doesn't get in touch by afternoon?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor mdmd
New Contributor

Hi @Tano

Yeah we have had a few goes at this. We didn't receive a call back yesterday afternoon, so I suspect we likely won't receive one. 

Could you please follow it up for us? 

To recap, I can make and receive calls fine, send and receive sms fine, use the net, send mms fine, but only receive mms messages from optus users.  This has been happing since 25/05/18.  I have excellent coverage.  We have tried a Samsung handset, an iPhone handset, reset network settings, checked APN settings with Optus support, and factory reset both phones, but still have the same issue. 

Perhaps Telstra didn't release the number from their mms system when I ported back in May. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Hey @mdmd, I've raised this with someone in our case management team to get in touch soon. I'm back in Tuesday evening and will touch base with you then, let us know if you don't hear back in the meantime.

0 Kudos
New Contributor mdmd
New Contributor

Hi @Tano

Following your help I had a call from Optus support, and they chased it up with Telstra, who fixed the MMS route on their system, so after quite some months, I now receive MMS messages from all my contacts.

Thanks for your help!  It is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
New Contributor peto
New Contributor

Hi Optus

I ported over my wife from vodaphone to optus and now she cant sent mms to non optus networks.

FYI- The porting of my wife account, also impacted my account (and after 5 calls to optus), my account is fine.

Can someone from optus look into my wife account, as it's a known issue and need someone from optus to follow up

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

This is not something that we can assist with here on the forum.
Please get your wife to chat with us.  

0 Kudos
New Contributor skon7
New Contributor

I have the exact same issue that @mdmd had with mms. What must I do to get this resolved?

0 Kudos
Top Contributors