cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor davbrink
New Contributor

Can't receive SMS Messages from specific users

Hi

A couple of days ago my phone stopped receiving SMS messages from most (but not all) senders.  The weird thing is I can send SMSs to them (but I don't get their replies) and I can send and receieve calls from them: and I can send and receive MMS from them (so if they attach a photo I get the message, but if they don't attach it I do.)  I have looked to see if I have somehow mass-blocked contacts, but it appears not.  It appears that all the affected contacts I have identified to date are with Optus.

Also, I factory reset my phone (Pixel 3 XL) and retested: same issue.

I can only think the issue is with the SIM or with Optus somehow:  but I can't fathom what else this could be.

Anyone ever encountered a similar problem.

Cheers

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Can't receive SMS Messages from specific users

You can try putting your sim card in another device and see if you can recieve SMS messages on that device from the conatcs you couldnt recieve sms's from and if you do, look at the settings on that device and mirror those settings onto your phone and try to see if it works. Let me know how you go

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor davbrink
New Contributor

Hi

Didn't have to do anything in the end:   I had raised the issue with Optus and a day later all the blocked texts came through all at once: I assume something was fixed on the Optus side.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

That's good news Davbrink, thanks heaps for returning to Yes Crowd to let us know what the issue was.

Cheers! 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors