Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Can't make or receive calls

Ive just recently activated this service. My internet's working fabulous but I can't make or receive calls. I originally thought it was because there was no Optus Tower here in Kadina but if that was the case I wouldn't be able to even use the internet. I'm just so annoyed as I'm waiting for calls for housing 😞 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Can't make or receive calls

That's very odd. What sort of phone do you have? and what plan did you sign up to? Have you performed any troubleshooting yet? 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have an Optus x Smart. Yes I've done all the trouble shooting etc but still having trouble. Ive restarted my phone a million times. Ive turned off my bluetooth and WiFi. Ive actually tried everything. Ive been through every setting in my phone I swear 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm in the Optus prepaid mobile broad band plan 😕 I might have chosen the wrong plan. Argh

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Oh that's what I was thinking might have happened. Do you care about the phone number? I guess you would if you're waiting for calls right? If you do care, jump onto live chat here - http://yesopt.us/chat2us

Explain to them the situation. Worst case, they'll change you to a phone plan and you'll have to recharge again, effectively wasting the money you spent already. Best case, they'll be kind and transfer the money you already spent onto the new plan but remember, they don't need to do that so don't just expect it (but definitely ask) 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Ellabella

I'm sorry to hear you've had some trouble with your prepaid service. How did you go following SamSam's advice and reaching out to our Live Chat team? It sounds like you've purchased a mobile broadband SIM rather than a mobile phone SIM. You may need to purchase a new $2 Optus Prepaid SIM. Once it has been activated, we'll happily help you transfer any unused credit over. For our assistance here, please send us a private message confirming your phone number, full name and date of birth. 

Thank you!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos