cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor Asguard
Occasional Contributor

Can't make or receive calls after phone unlock

Hi hope someone can help please bought a new Optus prepaid phone found out if I recharged it 80.00 I could get the handset unlocked from Optus they sent me the code I put my Telstra sim card in entered the code and was successful but I cannot make or receive any phone calls says I am registered on the Telstra network have gone through settings did a reset of the phone nothing happens people try to ring me but I can't answer them no dialling tone when I try to ring out just hangs up says no mobile network have enabled mobile data getting frustrated any ideas I can surf the web but no call access appreciate any help have used my sim in another phone works perfectly so not a Telstra network issue

0 Kudos
25 Replies
RetiredModerator Brock_E
RetiredModerator

Re: Can't make or receive calls after phone unlock

Thanks for reaching out, @Asguard. I'm really sorry to hear the above difficulties you're facing with your handset. It sounds like the unlock process hasn't been entirely completed. Although you have the unlock code, there is still a process to follow in order to have the handset fully unlocked, which varies on a case-to-case basis. Please take a look at our detailed unlocking guide here to ensure that you've covered all the necessary steps.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi there spent 2 hours today at optus and telstra stores trying to fix my optus unlockef phone which wont make or receive calls when my telstra sim is inserted please help aagh

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I went to Optus store they said it was a Telstra problem just spent 20mins with Telstra they tried everything said it was a phone fault phone only one month old can surf net no probs can't make or receive calls

After 2 hours with optus and telstra store people completely let down i can web browse using telstra sim in unlocked phone but cannot make or receive calls optus store wont give me a refund because i have unlocked the phone if k put optus sim back in the phone am able to make and receive calls i feel maybe optus has blocked the phone so k cant make calls but my telstra sim works in all my other phones i have only had the phone a month can you help the optus phone people said the unlock was successful no problems their end any help appreciated just confused now thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Brock_E
RetiredModerator

Aghhhhh, I can definitely appreciate your frustration here, @Asguard. If the device can browse the internet, then the device is certainly unlocked. It sounds as if the network settings on the device haven't quite been configured or there could be an issue with the Telstra SIM :/

If the device was still locked, you wouldn't be able to access the internet using the Telstra SIM. I'd advise switching the device off, taking the SIM card out and putting it back in before rebooting. Outside of this, I'd perhaps look at getting a replacement SIM card.  

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi thanks for your response I have done all the things you suggested even getting a new sim from Telstra no difference have done a reset also reset network taken sim out and put back in using the alleged phone now with Optus sim in phone able to make and receive calls but not with Telstra sim like you say phone is unlocked otherwise could surf the net even says I am registered on Telstra network very frustrating won't ever buy a locked phone again complete rip off if you want to unlock it will keep trying thanks

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator JordanOptus
RetiredModerator

Hmm, it'd definitely be worth chatting with Tech Support in that case then and getting a case raised.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Gemma87
Occasional Contributor

Hi I am having the same issue! How did u fix this?

thanks!

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @ Gemma87 - I've replied to your other post. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor GokulNandan
Occasional Contributor

Hi,  I am having this same issue with my oppo phone.  Please help

0 Kudos
Top Contributors