cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Can't check my mobile broadband usage

I have a pre-paid mobile broadband service.  When I need to I top up the data with a 15GB for $130 pre paid.  In the past I have found it ok to then check my usage and available balance via My Account.  Recently I have not been able to check.

Yesterday I spent a number of hours chatting to a few different support people who all claimed: there was no issue (I should be able to see my usage via My Account), then changed things at their end and said it would be working (if I cleared my browser cache and checked again in 30 mins) and also promised to send me further details and/or follow up on the chat and contact me later.

This morning I checked again and I get the same error "Section failed to load. Try reloading the browser window" when I try to display my detailed usage.  No amount of browser reloading makes any difference.  I have tried different browsers on my Mac and also different devices to check and get the same errors.

Also, when it does display the summary of the data I have left I see a figure out of my max 3 GB, even though I bought 15GB.  Noone on the chat support could explain that one to me but they 'assured me' that there was no problem with the Optus systems and that I had received the full 15GB I purchased.  I'm doubtful of the claims 😕

Anyone in the community have any ideas?

11 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Can't check my mobile broadband usage

Hmmm I'm unsure what could be causing this, but we can try and create a new My Account profile for your account instead. Please feel free to send me a private message with your service number, full name and DOB so we can give it a shot.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

This is very frustrating. In the past few days I have lost access to my 'fortilan' YesCrowd user id and had to create another one.

My issue checking usage is still an issue.  This morning I was on the phone to someone new at Optus who told me I needed to re-boot my mobile wireless device in order to be able to check my usage.  Rather than ask too many questions as to how this would help me check usage on the Optus My Account web site I just did it.

Guess what? no effect on the issue... still getting an error when I try to check usage on My Account > Check Detailed Usage 

Anyone else got any ideas?

I've tried checking it in browers on multiple devices at my end so does not seem to de device specific as to checking the usage, I have tried

- my Mac running 10.13.x in Safari

- my iPhone running iOS 11.3

- a Windows 10 machine using Edge

same error when I click on Check Detailed Usage 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yikes! I'm sorry to hear this has still not been resolved. If you can send through a screenshot of the error, we'll get this raised with IT for further investigation.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, thanks fo your reply.  As requested here is a screen shot of the error message I get when I try to check my usage.

Optus error message.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey Glen, I've just messaged you via PM. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus has closed down this service which I believe constituted part of my contract to be able to check my usage and identify programs that are using the greater part of my monthly allowance of 15GB, however Optus staff members either do not know this fact, or have been told not to verbalise it because I debated this in a Chat Session for about two hours, and no-one seemed to know what I was talking about.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey @maforbutt,

Just wanted to touch base around this issue you're facing not being able to view your data breakdown online. Our contracts do state that you'll receive SMS or email usage notification but nothing specifically around the breakdown being available. We've recently migrated to a new billing system for most users and Optus Mobile Broadband customers may be impacted when trying to view their data breakdown online. To check on your data breakdown, you can certainly contact us via PM here on YC or speak with our Live Chat billing team in real time to see what apps are using up your data. Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I recently replaced my expired prepaid mobile broadband with a new sim and latest $130 topup. Unable to link new broadband to My Account, chatline unable to resolve, put onto Call centre. After a long time was told it had been linked but could take 4 hours to take effect. 4 weeks later no joy and most of the time, attempts to logon to My Account result in OOPs error.

The mobile broadband is working but how do I check my data usage? I could with the previous sim/number which is still linked to My Account.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @rdunse - let's take a look 🙂 Can you please confirm your account number, full name, DOB and email address via private message? 

Top Contributors