cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor samw
New Contributor

Can't activate sims

I bought two $30 Prepaid Mobile Broadband SIM Starter Kit's from Optus online. There was a deal and they were sold for $5 each.

When I tried to activate them I get error " We are having trouble validating the SIM number, please try again or try using another SIM card. Reference: PPACT-SIMVAL-0008". I tried contacting Optus by chat and they couldn't help.  They told me to go to store.

I went to a store a week ago. They also couldn't activate the sim but they gave me a free $2 sim and told me they would transfer the $30 across in 72 hours. Needless to say, that didn't happen.

What can I do? I'm reluctant to go to a store again as my nearest store is a long way and they were no use last time.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RetiredModerator JordanOptus
RetiredModerator

Re: Can't activate sims

Sounds a bit weird @samw 😕 Chat should definitely be able to help activate those SIM's for you, it'd be worth getting in touch again. Alternatively you can always call the PrePaid Activation team on 1300 308 730.

0 Kudos
New Contributor samw
New Contributor

I called the prepaid activation team number you gave me. After going through various menu options I got a recorded message telling me to activate my sim online. It then ended the call! I can't believe how bad this is. I've never experienced such an apalling process.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor PeterDM
Occasional Contributor

When this happened to me I retried same thing a menu choice of "talk to someone re activation" leads to a message activate on line then drops out. I agree how much time do you need to waste for something Optus must know is an issue with their sim cards.

my experience below "frustrated and disapointed"

cheers Peter