Searching...

Mobile

Can't Activate Service to Get Perks

ACMA130

Hey gang

I'm trying to sign up for Perks, for something as simple as booking a movie ticket tomorrow night. That's all! 

I signed up for an Optus SIM over 12 months, $40 plan. Firstly, when I try to book the movie via the app, the entire thing crashes and re-directs me to the home page. Its done this 10 times now. So I tried on the computer and it tells me that I have an inactive sim? How?? So I called up CS and they tell me that I have to link my account. Problem is I have no idea how to do it and HELP has been unhelpful, of course. This entire process is so confusing and thought it would of been done at the shop already, but now I have this headache. All I wanted was to see a movie... any help please? What the heck am I suppose to do and where am I supoose to go? 

Re: Can't Activate Service to Get Perks

[ Edited ]
Davelew

Hi

Click on this link to register for My Account

https://www.optus.com.au/registration

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

ACMA130

I enter my number that I transferred over from Telstra and it comes up with...

The service entered is not eligible for My Account registration. Please check and try again.

Davelew

Hi 

Let's try another way. Load the My Optus app on your device and see if this recognises your SIM. If so you can book your tickets by going to Perks>Optus Perks>movies for less>book now. 

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Toomey

Sorry for the issues! The Perks team can be contacted directly on perksregistration@optus.com.au. Send through your phone number, full name, DOB and preferred login email. Someone will fix it up and get back to you asap.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
74 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos