cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Can i use my tablet data sim in a dual sim phone?

Hi, so my optus 24 month phone contract has just ended and i've purchased a vodafone pre paid sim for now. I have an ipad on a plan with optus with 2gb of data but i don't have the ipad anymore (I sold it). So now that i'm pre paid i won't be able to data pool with the data that was on the tablet plan. So i'm wondering could i use my tablet sim in my dual sim phone and use it purely for the 2gb of data?

Also i have no idea where the ipad sim actually is, so is there a way of getting a replacement?

Cheers

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Can i use my tablet data sim in a dual sim phone?

It depends on the phone you've got. My understanding is that almost all due sim phones have the secondary SIM as 2G only and data switched off. Check the specifications though because that's where you'll find your answer 🙂

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Can i use my tablet data sim in a dual sim phone?

Oh i didn't even think of that, i'm not sure how dual sims work. I'll have a look now. It's a oneplus 5 btw.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors