cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
py_helloau
New Contributor
New Contributor

Can Optus disconnect your mobile without your consent? How to complain?

Can Optus disconnect your mobile without your consent? We had port-in two number to Optus to get the ONLINE ONLY promotion (25% off from $40 plan). We got the simcard and can use it for a few day. However, one of my simcard was disconnect. We checked with live chat they said one of Optus repensetation put the note that we request to cancelled the simcard becasue we want to process this in store. We told them that we never require to cancelled the mobile. Now we can't use a mobile more than a week already.

We have chat with many live agent a lot of lies. One agent told us that they have email to Agent who put the note and ask them to call me back and he also the note in my account so next time when I chat with them again, I dont need to repeat and repeat again. then we wait for a 2 days, no one call us, when we do a next live chat, another agent told us that they dont see any note in my account regarding to my issue. 

We have go with many live chat (10-15 agent), they said that they have request reactivate my sim but I still l can't use mobile, another agent said the sim still not reactivate. I dont know that who is tell the true now.

We have save all the chat history and going to complain this to ACCC or TIO. Can anyone who have a same issue recommend me on this?Can Optus disconnect your mobile without your consent? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Can Optus disconnect your mobile without your consent? How to complain?

Optus can disconnect any mobile service. Stolen phones need to be cut off and obviously if your bill is not paid.

In this case it appears Optus believed they had your consent anyway (the note in your file).

Did you request at any time to do something in store? It may be the salesperson misunderstood and didn't realise you didn't know it would mean cancelling the existing order.

I would focus less on working out what happened and more on just getting the SIM reactivated (it seems there may be an issue with the discount plan being re-applied in this case?)

You first need to complain to Optus officially (I suggest in writing). If the issue isn't fixed then make an online submittion to the TIO (ACCC is no use in this instance). Bear in mind the TIO will look to ensure existing contracts are being properly managed. If the issue is fixed in the next few days then there's little the TIO will do other than note your complaint.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
py_helloau
New Contributor
New Contributor

That case that you mention is not our case. We have ported in two number on a sameday, same time and same order online two week ago. Both numbers are working fine until last week one number got disconnected. So we check with the live chat and they said one agent put the note that we requested to cancelled one number because we want to process in store. We explain that we never visit store and the promotion that we got is for online only. For common sense, I don’t see any reasons why I will cancelled one from two number and process it in store because they don’t have the better promotion. I also ask them to investigate why that agent put the note on my account, they told me that they have email to that agent and he will call me back. I wait for 2 day but no one call me back. 

I also submitted complaints Optus, frist time, they said they will reactivate and ask me to wait for 24 hours, I was waisted for 40 hour but my mobile still not actives then we did the live chat again and they said my mobile still inot activate yet due to technical issue, so they submitted s cons complaint for us and ask us to wait for anothe 24-48 hours.

we still waiting and if nothing happen , I will complain it to tio and accc.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Good Luck.

I agree the in store bit make no sense for an online only offer. 

I'd suggest it will take a few days more to sort (Optus seem to have difficulty quickly correcting things like this)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors