cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor ilonam8809
New Contributor

Can I set up a part payment Direct Debit?

I would like to set up a part payment only for direct debit. Is this possible?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Billing

Hey there ilonam8809,

Direct Debit automatically takes whatever balance is owing on the due date. You would need to make manual part payments prior to the due date.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@Ray_YC 

Does having a DD setup mean that you can pay with any other payment method without incurring the $2.20 monthly fee? 

I'm thinking it wouldn't but computers are dumb and the Optus criteria might simply be the existence of a DD and not whether it is used or not..

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

"Non-direct debit fee A $2.20 fee will be charged each month if you choose not to pay your bill by direct debit. To set-up direct debit go to optus.com.au/myaccount Exception: For payments made by credit, debit, charge or prepaid cards, the non-direct debit fee will not apply" 

indicates that any card payments made by the due date will not incur the $2.20 fee.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors