Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Can I get a new phone on my existing plan?

I would like to purchase a new iphone 11 64GB on the $33/month plan while continuing my existing plan. Is this possible? Can't see it as an option. I am going away tomorrow for a week and wanted to get it sorted now if possible

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: new phone

Note the $33 month plan is over 36 months (not 24) and is for the phone only.
Phone and plan costs are now separate so it should be possible to just bolt on the phone cost to your existing plan.
You'll need to contact Optus directly to work through it. Try the Optus App or LiveChat.

Peter Gillespie
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Just so that I understand you are talking about 2nd phone contract with an iPhone 11 with a new number? Assuming that's what you mean you can have as many phones or contracts as you wish providing you get approval.

Edit: Ah it must have been newer not number as $33 is phone only as pointed out by Peter.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Phone and plan costs are now separate so it should be possible to just bolt on the phone cost to your existing plan.

Is this confirmed? I really shouldn't but I wouldn't mind a new phone and this could get me over the line...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@SamSam I'm going to go with no (sorry). It should be possible but I don't think Optus are going that way for now. Online the only way to get a phone is to also sign up for a new contract (current terms). I don't see any mechanism where you can request your existing contract can be extended 12-36 months and the cost of a new phone just added in. Sorry to contradict myself. Perhaps try LiveChat and see if they say differently

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

To be fair, I'm just being greedy anyway. A couple of friends have picked up shiny new handsets and I'm a little jealous. I'll see out my contract like I should...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi ctd63,

It's not clear what your existing plan is?

As per the earlier responses, it is unlikely but something that you will need to contact Optus directly to request.

Generally new phones come with new plans and is a way to move customers off archived plans that are no longer available.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos