cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Cuppa
New Contributor

Can I delay activating a prepaid sim card until I need it?

I am in Broome WA currently. Soon I will leave to go to the remote aboriginal community of Kalumbaru for a couple of weeks. My iPhone has a Telstra sim which I want to keep. Kalumbaru only has an Optus service. If I purchase an Optus prepaid sim card before leaving Broome will I be able to put it in my phone & activate it when I reach Kalumbaru several weeks later? I will only use it for data, & dont wish to transfer my current phone number to the optus sim, so getting a different phone number wont be an issue. Have never used Optus before so unsure if it all needs to be set up at the point of purchase. Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can I delay activating a prepaid sim card until I need it?

Its actually written on the package if you have a good look. If I said 30 days it does ring a bell but it might be much longer. Suffice to say it is longer than several weeks. I did answer this question not so long ago but I cant find my own post. Smiley Happy

Edit: Oh you haven't purchased one yet. Have a look on the back when you do.

activation-expiry.jpg

0 Kudos
Top Contributors