Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor staader
New Contributor

Can I block outgoing calls to 1900 and 1902 numbers

Hi, 

I have a teenager with autism and I need to block him calling 1900 and 1902 numbers, can this be done?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

Re: Can I block outgoing calls to 1900 and 1902 numbers

Sure,

I know you can log into the associated my account

https://www.optus.com.au/my-account

some further information can be found via this link

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor mehanna
New Contributor

Hi There,

I don't believe this advise has anything to do with blocking 1900 number.

The answer you stated was addressing Premium Messaging services only.  not 1900/1902 information calls blocking.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

thanks for the input.. Have you a solution?

I thought one can set a budget on how premium services in general.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I know it's not something that we can change from the backend. I've had a quick look to make sure and the option to bar 1900 numbers isn't there.

Other than manually blocking the number through the settings of the phone itself, I can't really think of a work around.

I can't think of many services that you'd make an outbound 1900 call to (other than information, voting lines for example, reality / talent TV or radio shows.

The majority seem to come through via SMS which are still received from 1900 number. I'm not sure what impact setting your spend limit to $0.00 has on the customers’ ability to make a call to this sort of number. They're designated as "Premium SMS content services."

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor staader
New Contributor

Hi,

The only way is to have international numbers blocked by Optus, I had to have my problem escalated, as there was problems in the backend of my two numbers. It took a while but once it was fixed my child can not dial any 1900 or 1902 numbers. A recorded message is played if you dial international or 1900/1902 numbers.

Regards

Don

0 Kudos
Top Contributors