cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor ahammadhu
New Contributor

Calling Optus team from overseas to cancel contract

Hi,

I am currently overseas and want to cancel my two mobile service plans and NBN connection. I have been told by an agent on live chat that I can only do this by calling +612 8082 5678. Unfortunately I have been provided so many contradicting information from Optus that I find hard to believe any of its representatives say which is why I ended up here. I have been told that the call would be free of charge if I call from a landline. Would really appreciate any response as I am currently looking at paying close to $600 as cancellation charges.

Cheers,

Ahmed

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Calling Optus team from overseas to cancel contract

Toll free if you call from an Optus mobile as far as I understand. I would have thought that accounts via the live chat would have been the best option however if they say it can't be done that way then I guess you have no other options. I think I would be trying the chat again as often a different operator will have different answer.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Calling Optus team from overseas to cancel contract

Toll free from any Optus mobile is my understanding too.

As @Yeldarb says Live Chat is also available any time 

FWIW if you are moving permanently (or for a long time) overseas then Optus might waive any fees on request.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors