Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Calling Australian Mobile number from overseas on Plan

AdrianS

I am on a $100 My Plan Plus (Promo) which includes this statement ....

As part of this plan you will receive unlimited standard

national and international voice, SMS (MMS is excluded)

plus 1GB of data to use in Zone 1 countries within each billing

Does this include me making calls to "Mobile" numbers back in Australia? (from a Zone 1 country of course)

Solution

Re: Calling Australian Mobile number from overseas on Plan

GuyCS

Hi @AdrianS - that's correct. If you're in a Zone 1 country, you should be able to make international calls to a mobile at no additional cost. You can find additional info in your plan's CIS

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

AdrianS

Thank you GuyCS.  That is clear to me now for calls made whilst overseas.   I did read the CIS but was unsure the definition of a "standard" call.

In an earlier month I was charged extra on my Optus plan for making a call from Australia to an overseas Mobile number in a Zone 1 (Sth Africa) on the basis that it was a call to a mobile not a fixed line.  Yet the CIS appears to use the same terminology that a "standard" call is part of the inclusions.

Can you help me understand why this is the case?

Regards, AdrianS

AdrianS

Please disregard my last question.  Further checking of my account shows the mobile for which I was charged exstra was in Switzerland and thus not in Zone 1.  My calls to Sth Africa and China were are no extra cost.

All good here now and very happy with the Plan and your service

Regards,  AdrianS

GuyCS

No worries, @AdrianS. Happy to hear you were able to sort this one out and that you're enjoying your service!

If it's helpful to you in future, you can also check out our International Roaming Rates/Zones. This map displays which countries are included in each Zone, and the relevant roaming rates. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
140 Kudos
120 Kudos
120 Kudos
78 Kudos
73 Kudos