cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Call forwarding from VOIP to iPhone

I have a VOIP service which has call forwarding set to forward an extension after x rings to my Optus mobile. After a certain number of rings on the mobile the phone cuts off. ie call terminated. it does not ring through to voicemail.

The call is dropped.

This does not happen on the comeptitor service and I recently ported to Optus.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Call forwarding from VOIP to iPhone

Hey @koloks, excited to have you onboard the Optus Family. You can actually Extend Your Ring Time.  in a couple steps which will prompt you to increase your tone by lots of  5 seconds to a maximum of 30 seconds.

Should you have any issues doing so, I would recommend having a chat to our Messenger team available 24/7 via the Optus App whom will be able to advise further and walk you through this process

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

• Out of interest what is the default ring time? Also thank you so much for the reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted

No worries there @koloks, always happy to advise. Call time are more so on a case to case basis as there a couple variables to consider such as which handset you were using, any previous setting or arrangements within the device etc.

In saying that though, generally speaking it defaults are usually between 10-15 seconds  

Top Contributors