Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Call Barring password

All my calls are disabled yet my phone is unlocked. Its just a cheap Optus x Star.Call barring is asking for a 4 nymber password. Please help

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Call Barring password

G'day kiwigirlinoz,

Did you buy it new or borrowing from someone?

It sounds like a phone PIN, have you tried 0000 or 1234?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I did try those codes after finding that info online and going into a Optus shop. No matter what Sim I put into the phone I cannot call out or receive calls
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Did you buy it new or borrowing from someone? 

It sounds like a security passcode set by the user of the phone that we wouldn't know.

You could try factory resetting it but would need to back up all your data first, photos, contacts, etc.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I managed to fix the problem thankyou. Not quite even sure how but it was from a different provider having unusual call forwarding settings.
All's well
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Great to hear you figured it out 🙂 

0 Kudos