Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Bring your own 'phone?

ColinHarry

Just looking at this:

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/mobile/phones/sim-only?plan=30gb#

Sim only plans. There are two $35 plans shown.

One $35 plan is for a 6GB data allowance.

The other $35 plan is for 30GB of data.

Why is this so?

Which one is the best... Or is that such a silly question..

Maybe..Why would one choose the 6GB plan over the 30GB plan?

Re: Bring your own 'phone?

petergdownload

Optus have this (IMO) strange approach where by sales etc. are listed along side long standing offers. I guess some people still click on the worse plan but perhaps its just to emphasise what a good deal the sale is. This is the first instance I've seen one not listed as a sale (i.e purple heading). 

Seems like a great deal though. I picked up 30Gb for $30 a month but this is likely a low as Optus will go for plans (IMO).

Peter Gillespie

[ Edited ]
Ray_YC

Customers need to compare the plans further beyond just the included data.

The one with 6GB does not include international calls and texts whereas the one with 30GB includes up to 300 standard international minutes.

So I'd say it offers customers a choice on the $35 price point, data or international minutes Smiley Happy

Edit: Ignore everything above, I've been staring at the screen too long and need my eyes checked, thank you @petergdownload , at least I think it was you! *emoji with glasses*

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

That was what I thought at first glance too, except its not 'lots of data or international minutes' @Ray_YC 

Its one plan has neither the other has both. There really is no choice here, only the option to have a great deal of buyers regret if you didn't check closely. After all its easy to misread these things Ray Smiley Wink

Peter Gillespie

ColinHarry

Sorry. In all this confusion..What is the difference again?

Still don't get it.

petergdownload

One plan offers more data (30Gb) and free International calls (300 minutes)

Otherwise both are the same plan. So grab the better one (if you want).

Peter Gillespie

Solution

Ray_YC

I asked the question and the answer is:

Hi there, this is a legal requirement (to have both plans advertised) as the $35/6GB is currently in market and available with a $10 discount when purchased as a second service in all channels.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

petergdownload

Thanks @Ray_YC . Just goes to show there's method in the madness. 

So that would make it (second device) a $25 plan with 6Gb which is a nice price point for those that don't need lots of data but would find 1Gb too tight.

Peter Gillespie

ColinHarry

Interesting option

Ray- Yc answered the question for me.

Thanks..

Would liked to have given points etc...

Just can't get the Java stuff to work on the Optus windows.

So Thanks from me, Ray-yC.

Colin Harry

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
74 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
50 Kudos