cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Hendo
New Contributor

Breach of Privacy

When I enter My Account login, enter my email login and password I go to a stranger’s account that has his name, date of birth, phone number and address.  None of these personal details are even close to mine, except we both reside in Queensland.  Chat line did not seem to grasp that this was a breach of the other customer’s privacy, never mind that I cannot access my own account details.  Apparently it will take up to 3 days to possibly fix this Optus error.  I have attempted to contact Optus “complaints” and only get the ever spinning wheel.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Re: Breach of Privacy

Hey @Hendo - thanks for raising this with us. Sounds like your My Account is provisioned incorrectly. 
Generally speaking this rarely occurs, however when it does, it's usually due to customers either sharing a similar name (which you've advised isn't the case) or the account/service numbers are quite similar.

We take privacy very seriously, and would like to amend this as soon as possible.

Would you be able to private message me with your full name, DOB and account number? 
I can't see why this would take 3 days to resolve, unless our IT team are handling it, however I'll still take a look. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos