Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Minus_Orange
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Bonus data prepaid plan

Well, I've been with optus prepaid one year and now I would like to an Optus prepaid plan with double data (the 12 month SIM only) I don't understand exactly how the bonus data works as, for example, on the 55$ plan is about 50GB (25GB + 25GB) What does it means the "second" 25GB? I've been checking for a while but can't find any explanation of how it works or the conditions of the second pack of data.
Thank you so much. 

Marc

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Wozz
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Bonus data prepaid plan

"I dont understand exactly how the bonus data works" - the simple answer is it doesn't! The idea is that the initial plan was for 25gb, but you get a total of 50gb, that's all there should be to it. Unfortunately Optus Billing systems currently have some technical issues so that they don't "work" with bonus data. This essentially means every month you'll get charged $10 for every 1gb over your initial 25gb (so if you use 40gb data total, you'd get charged $150 extra). You then need to go onto live chat and ask them to credit you the extra costs. If you're prepared to call them every month, then it's safe to go for this plan.. For further info, see my post "Anyone else getting overcharged monthly?"

Minus_Orange
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Wow! And how difficult is to fix that issues rather than make the costumers do that for a product they're advertising in the way they are. Quite silly. Thanks for your answer, straight fordward, perfect 🙂

Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Granted @Wozz's experience has been a letdown, but this really isn't the norm.

We've had a massive intake of customers on the back of our double data offers. Things don't always go to plan, but if something does go wrong, we're here to help.

If you do sign up to a double data promo, you'll receive your bonus data inclusion by the time your second invoice is due out. 

The bonus data can be used the same as your base data inclusion. There are no restrictions in place.

Once applied, the bonus data will appear in the My Optus app and your Optus.com.au/myaccount.

If you have any other questions, shout out! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Minus_Orange
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan!
"you'll receive your bonus data inclusion by the time your second invoice is due out"

What does that exactly means? The bonus data is available from the second month? Don't get it, sorry.

Thanks, Marc

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Without going into too much detail. The bonus data is applied manually by our admin team. The bonus data may be applied sooner, but we'll always say, "by your second invoice," just in case. 
If you do exceed your base data inclusion, we'll credit any excess data up to the bonus data inclusion.

For example, if you exceed your 25GB base allowance by 2GB, that'll be credited back to you. It's important to note that you'll still receive the data top up notification. 

If something were to go wrong, you're always welcome to reach out to a mod on the forum. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Wozz
Contributor
Contributor

FYI a quick search on these forums or Google shows that my experience is very common..

I shudder to think how many customers are being overcharged because they don't realise they need to check every month with Optus.

To clarify - this isn't the only plan that I had issues with, my previous SIM only plan also had problems (just not to this extent)

Wozz
Contributor
Contributor

Also should note - there is no customer service follow up for escalations.

So if, like me, you have a recurring problem every month - it is up to you (the customer) to follow up with Optus every month.

No one at their team will take ownership of the fault and follow up unfortunately. You do get promises that people will follow up, though in the end I would only recommend signing up for an Optus plan if you have time to contact them every month to resolve any incorrect charges

Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Wozz - looks like Dan has seen your post and requested this be escalated with priority. Apologies for the delays. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
LouLou45
New Contributor
New Contributor

Unfortunately very common. Went in store on Thursday to query why the 15GB hadn’t changed to 30GB? ‘Don’t worry, it will in a day or two’. It didn’t and now being charged $10 for 1GB!  Tonight I had a very frustrating online ‘chat’ and was told it doesn’t happen until the second month? I was told I would have to go back to the store and speak to them. Grrrr! Great customer service Optus. At least Telstra try to sort out their stuff ups, not pass the buck. Dissatisfied & disappointed.