cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Chaddy
New Contributor

Bogus Optus call ??

I keep getting phone calls regarding Business Mobile offers from someone who says they are from Optus saying that they have generous new moble deals . I have asked them to send an email to me with the details . She said she will send an email to me but has to have some ID to make sure that the email is being opened by me . She wanted a drivers license number or a passport number . I have told her numerous times that I wont give out that kind of information . She has told me over and over again that it is just for security purposes . Dont want to give that kind of info out . Is this something that Optus would require or ask for ? Or am I just being over cautious ?

Thanks 

Chaddy 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bogus Optus call ??

Never give out personal details to anyone no matter how genuine they sound. If in doubt ring Optus yourself on a number you know belongs to them. 

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bogus Optus call ??

Yes it is likely Optus. A lot of companies in this day and age still ring you up and ask you to identify yourself so they can offer you a deal.

However that is not prudent (safe) and you are spot on for saying no. 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Top Contributors