Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Karrazza
Occasional Contributor

Bluetooth in Car Muffled

Hi All

I recently changed my I Phone from a 6 Plus which was with Telstra to a I Phone X on an Optus plan.  Since getting my new phone 3 months ago I have had issues with my Bluetooth in my car. When I make or receive a call the person on my bluetooth is all muffled and its so bad that I have to then switch to Speaker on the phone which is illegal whilst driving and not perfect by any means.  I am becoming very frustrated as I have taken my 2 year old car back to the dealership for them to check updates and that is all up to date. I have also tried all the trouble shooting that Apple have told me to do. So I finally made an appointment with Apple last night to get it finally sorted.  They gave me a new I Phone X and said that this should be fixed now. Well guess what its not fixed.  When I was with Telstra and my old I Phone 6 Plus I never had a problem and phone calls through bluetooth were very clear but since I have changed phones and carriers it has not worked. It has now been 3 months and I am not getting anywhere except very frustrated. I bought the phone and the plane through Harvey Norman. Do I go back to them or do I contact Optus???? This has been very time consuming for me and time that I do not have. I need this to work as I use my phone a lot in the car. Any help or suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Bluetooth in Car Muffled

It seems unlikely to be the Optus Plan?

More likely either the in car unit or the phone itself (and hardware or settings). Having swapped the phone with the same issue it would seem unlikely to be the hardware though. 

First check is to confirm where the issue lies. Recommend you get a friends / family members phone and test it out on your car. You should be able to confirm a car issue or a phone issue. 

You could also grab a cheap $2 prepaid SIM from another Telco and pop that in for a test to.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Occasional Contributor Karrazza
Occasional Contributor

Hi Peter

Just spoke to Optus and have changed my phone from 4g to 3g I will see if that works. If not I will buy another sim tomorrow and see if that is any different. Its def not my car as I have had it back to delaership for them to check. Apple replaced the phone last night so not Apple so must be Network. Just doing a processof elimination. If I knew it was going to be thsi hard I woudl have kept old phone and stayed with Telstra. Thanks for your advice.

Karen

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Modern day frustrations!

One other check if you can find someone with an Optus phone is get them to try it in your car (perhaps an Optus store guy could let you try link one?)

Peter Gillespie 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors