Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Fezz85
New Contributor
New Contributor

Block number

Can i block a number to stop it from being dialled from my phone and sending texts and receive phone calls and texts 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Block number

You can't block an incoming number (unless it becomes a police matter). 

You can't block an outgoing number ('cause you can just not dial the number?)

Reading between the lines, the phone isn't used by you and you want to stop two people communicating?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

MattyPy2
Contributor
Contributor

Yes you CAN block an incoming number by adding it to your blocked number list.  Then when they ring they will go straight to voicemail but you will receive a missed call message.

I use this feature on my iPhone for telemarketers that don't take no for an answer.  They soon get the message.

ScubaDee
New Contributor
New Contributor

I want to be able to block numbers from people and not get any notification when they call, blocked callers should not be able to leave voicemail either - the notification is almost as annoying!  Why can't a recorded reply to blocked callers be "your number has been blocked by the account holder - you will not be connected at this time" .......?

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

The industry just doesn't seem to support this functionality. In fairness it is trivial to circumvent any such block (use anther phone, or sales staff just change their caller id, etc.)

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Sdunku
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Block number. *****

I want to block that number and she is calling my all the time and I don’t like that and I want to block that number *****
0 Kudos
Aron_YC

Hi Sdunku, 

If you're receiving calls from a number that are unwelcome we'd recommend reading our page on How to stop unwelcome calls, scam calls & messages.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

You can't really block a number (any one can easily call from another phone or make the caller ID anonymous)

In the short term best you can do is just don't answer any call with a hidden number or a number you don't recognise. Delete any voicemail without listening (or better still turn off voicemail)

She should get bored. Alternatively get another number (Optus should let you for free if you're being harassed) and don't give it to her

It's annoying but so are exs.