Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor MLM3
New Contributor

Billing

Feeling very frustrated after calling in to Optus and speaking with someone who appeared not to understand or be able to advise me better. I consolidated my 2 accounts and have obviously been charged twice for the difference in the billing cycle dates, once when I called in and paid it and the other when the difference was recorded in that months bill and direct debited from my credit card. Can someone please tell me the best number to call so I may speak with someone at Optus accounts IN Australia? The way you do when you call sales and BEFORE you sign up! Cheers. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Re: Billing

Hi @MLM3, really sorry for the experience you had over the phone 😞 

We don't have a direct contact number for our Aussie centres however, if you can PM me with your account number, full name and DOB - I'd be more than happy to suss out what's going on for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor MLM3
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply; I downloaded the app after and chatted with Optus and all is good.

I have to say though it is so ridiculous how difficult it is to contact Optus, to find the right contact information - its like the last thing Optus wants is to hear from its customers. And when you finally manage to get someone on the phone, never mind their thick accents, american even!, but they just don't get you or if they do, are unable to express themselves to explain/solve your problem. Plus there seems to be an underlying tone of smugness. Most frustrating and time-wasting. I have cancelled my home wireless service and will shortly get a new mobile from anyone BUT Optus leaving only my iPad Pro which is under contract. Then I will be done with Optus, never to return.

RetiredModerator Nghi
RetiredModerator

Thanks for the update MLM3. I'm glad you were able to get your billing query sorted out. 

I'm less happy to hear you're moving your services away from Optus. We can certainly send through feedback about your experience. If you could private message us your account details, we'd be able to locate the agents you interacted with and provide feedback for coaching.

0 Kudos
New Contributor gsw
New Contributor

good idea moving service, I'll be doing the same it seems. 100% correct on the fact they would rather communicate in any other way than over the phone, worst customer service.

0 Kudos