Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Gautamvbaindur
New Contributor
New Contributor

Billing for cancelled service

Hi, I activated a mobile broadband plan since I was promised a speed of 30-50 Mbps. But after activation the speed didn't even cross 2mbps and I just wasn't able to use it. I cancelled the service just about 2 hours after activation without much usage. I was also assured by your online chat that the bill would be adjusted and I wouldn't have to pay the full amount.
Now I have a got a bill for the full amount..I don't understand why I need to pay the full amount for something you didn't deliver and I couldn't use due to the slow speed
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Aron_YC

Re: Billing for cancelled service

Hi Gautamvbaindu

There have been recent changes to the cancellation process that mean you are billed to the end of the current billing cycle regardless of the date of cancellation, this is likely what has happened here. We are unable to take a look at your billing on the forum, but you can discuss this further with our Billing team via our online messaging, or you can message our social media team on Facebook or Twitter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Gautamvbaindur
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Billing for cancelled service

The online messaging team on the Optus app is really good at giving scripted answer s rather than trying to actually solve the problem. I'd have no issues if I had called l cancelled the service due to some other reason, but the fact that you didn't deliver on your promise and still charging for that seems a bit like cheating to me.
0 Kudos