cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor annoyd
New Contributor

Billing and Extensions

Once AGAIN Optus have taken money out of my account when I have an extension in place.. THIS IS THE THIRD TIME 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Billing and Extensions

Have you got an email or SMS confirming the extension?

It does seem pretty poor. Perhaps consider the prepaid options which are now days pretty much as good as post paid but with the extra benefits of:

a) Optus only gets money you give them

b) Unused data rolls over each month

c) Optus can't hit you with endless $10 top up fees

d) No late payment fees

Regards

Peter Gillespie

New Contributor annoyd
New Contributor

Hi Peter

Thank for your reply. Yes I had an sms confirming ext. BUT Optus still took it out on due date. As i said this is the third time.

First time the refunded me, second time i was told it'd be refunded, never happened..the operator gave me misinformation. Now this..

As i am on a pension my budget is worked out to a T... now thanks to their incompetence i cannot pay my rego.

I am on a 24 month contract so unfortunately going pre paid isnt an option. Once my contract ends I will most certainly go prepaid.

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

It is pretty poor performance and getting this wrong obviously hits those already working hard to balance the books.

I can only suggest you could cancell the direct debit. It will cost you an extra $2 a month unfortunately. Perhaps a mod here or when you next talk to Optus you could explain how you've been mucked about and request remaining months x $2 in credit so you could retain control of your finances from Optus system short falls in this area.

Good Luck

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and my apologies for the issues. When a payment extension is put in place, it's important that your direct debit is paused to avoid this happening automatically.

A payment extension on our end is essentially just a note on your account. When the billing team are handling suspensions due to non-payment, they will check the notes to confirm if an extension is in place or note and postpone the disconnection. Automatic processes will still continue such as direct debit, late payment fees etc

I can request a refund from my end for you if you'd like to send through a private message with your account number, full name and DOB.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors