Searching...

Mobile

Billing Scam

Tom2154

I am posting this in the hope that others like me will not be scammed by Optus.

I've recently received my first bill from Optus. I carried over my mobile number from Vodafone, I've had this number for years. One section of my bill contained the correct informantion pertaining to the number I had carried over from Vodafone. There is another section on my bill which is related to a totally different mobile number, a mobile number I have nothing to do with. This secondary mobile has been making calls on my account to an infoline number known to be caught up in some sort of scam. Others have had this same issue. I did not make these calls. These calls have totalled up to $60AUD, which I am being billed for. Out of curiosity I called the secondary mobile number on my bill, it is disconnected. It seems odd to me that a disconnected number can make calls. I signed up to my new plan in person, at my nearest Optus store. I had shared the necessary information with the employee and no one else but said employee. It is blatantly obvious that this is a scam, and Optus knows it is happening.

Re: Billing Scam

petergdownload

The billing scam is no longer being supported by Optus (or other Telcos). 

Contact live chat (24/7) her online and a simple request should see the $60 re-credited (or removed) as needed.

More worrying is the phantom mobile number which should also be removed ASAP. I'll flag a mod as they might be able to look into it for you @Toomey @Dan_C 

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted

Re: Billing Scam

Dan_C

Cheers @petergdownload

Can you send us a private message with your details @Tom2154? I need your full name, DOB and mobile number. 

We'll go in and check this out for you. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
132 Kudos
129 Kudos
97 Kudos
88 Kudos
56 Kudos