Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Billing Information

I would like to know why the account doesn't show phone calls & SMS separately?  I would like to find a SMS number is there an easier way?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Billing Information

Your SMS history for a given number should be in your phone?

You should consider installing something like SMSBackUp+ - Also keeps a record in your gmail acount for later perusal.

For billing purposes I suppose the duration of the call can be important so Optus list that (and provide the number involved because they have the space). For SMS its the same cost every time so they just list the count.

If you contact LIVE CHAT they can likely tell you the details of a specific SMS number you're interested in.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Hey @TheBronStar,  My account provides you with a detailed view of all calls and SMS messages to local, mobile, national, international, 13/1300 and premium numbers. My Account will show the time, date and recipient's number for eligible services up to your last bill. Please note that we no longer provide paper itemised invoices. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Dan my Bill has the following lists all numbers/phone/destinations.

1.  Voice usage included in current plan benefit

2. Data usage included in current plan benefit 

3. Mobile call charges NOT included in current plan benefit 

4. SMS Text messaging NOT included in current plan benefit

5.  MMS - Multimedia NOT included in current plan benefit 

I need a list of all SMS usage included in current plan benefit, this isn't on the account. Even though my account is a direct debit I receive my account via my email.

Thanks Bron

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Peter

Where do I find this record? I've optus chat they have no idea what I am after.  I am really just looking for a separation of data, voice, SMS etc on my account.  Telstra did this but Optus don't. Will look into that suggestion with gmail, thanks again.

Bron

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@Dan_C

MyAccount can provide past bills, but on the bills any included SMS calls are listed under a single line item:

INCLUDED SMS: 142

@TheBronStar

Possibly live chat can't see any more than that 142 (example) number. They can see billing details so perhaps ask them to locate that 142 number. Then ask them if they can break the number down for you? 

Note the record I'm talking about is just PDF copies of past bills available via MY ACCOUNT.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you again Peter yes I am going off my PDF Bills I received I did go into My Account and it only shows my past accounts in PDF, also I asked in Live Chat so it doesn't look like Optus break down all the SMS numbers to whom you sent them too only in a bulk amount @Dan_C I am after a specific number I contacted this billing format makes it very difficult @Dan_C Can I ask for a breakdown of ALL SMS messages sent not just a total number please?

Kind Regards

Bron

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @TheBronStar, we can request an itemisation of your SMS's for you, it does take a couple business days to get back to you though. You'd just have to request it through the Billing team.

0 Kudos