cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor Dh75
Occasional Contributor

Better service prices and customer support

For those who were recently ripped off by Optus with a 50% increase on their recharges with no explanation other than Optus is legally within their rights to rip off the Australian public if they so choose. 

Both Telstra and vodaphone are offering unlimited txt, calls and data prepaid plans for $60 a month which is what we were paying before Optus ripped us off with no reason or explanation. Optus has done nothing but ignore its customers on this topic so we will keep you updated with better providers offering better deals with better customer service for their customers for reasons not based on greed.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Better service prices and customer support

Prepaid can be changed or varied at any time. You aren’t in contract so that’s your trade off for flexibility. 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Ok then mr jeneral pain. As the esteemed Optus employee that you are ,can you explain to us what the increase was for other than we want more money. Or we have the right to increase rates for no reason without explanation offering nothing more than we were already paying for.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I'm not an Optus employee, as stipulated in my post that you seem to have overlooked nor am I a Mr.

Optus has the right to vary their pricing at any time, it's stipulated in your prepaid service summary. If you chose to not read that, then you have nobody to blame but yourself I'm sorry. There are newer Prepaid offers out all the time that might give you better value, but as you've not disclosed anything other than accusatory tone about how someone is ripping you off, we can't really do much more to assist you.

If you would like us to help, tell us what Prepaid offer you are currently on, and what matters to you most on Prepaid so we can make some suggestions to help. 

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
Occasional Contributor

I am not overlooking anything, i as a paying customer who is paying money to a company i do have the right to have a say. I as an Australian born citizen do have a right to talk about the ever raising prices in Australia. I as an Australian who pays money am not to blame for the companies raising their rates, and I as an Australian citizen do not have to keep my mouth shut and do as I am told as you keep implying. As stipulated the customer pays the wages of Optus employees, you interfered in my original post, then my second post and now this one, YOU keep saying that customers have no say in what they are paying for, and that customers have no right to question what they are paying for, and if Optus are going to rely on internet troll's to do their job for them then Optus is to blame. The Australian public has the right to say what happens in this country and how so cash in your Optus shares cause I'm not just gonna shut up. I have already told you my plan, and what matters most is reasonable affordable prices. Whilst phone and energy companies keep jacking up their prices no one else is getting a pay rise and raising prices to $30 a week for me to use my mobile phone is unnaceptable. I don't care how you try to shut me down.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Your birth in australia has no relevance to the conversation nor am I saying anything of a sort. 

$60 prepaid with Telstra, I’m not sure where you got your figures from but I can see unlimited prepaid calling for $30 on both Telstra and Optus. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Telstra's Endless Data Plan launches on Thursday, offering 40GB of high-speed data per month for AU$69. Once you've reached that data allowance, you'll still be able to use all the data you want, but you'll be capped at speeds of 1.5Mbps. Telstra has called that allowance "peace of mind data."

Vodafone's Unlimited Plans launch on Wednesday, offering 30, 60 and 100GB of high-speed data per month for AU$60, AU$80 and AU$100 respectively. Once you've reached those data allowances, you'll be capped at speeds of 1.5Mbps for all further use (the same as Telstra).

Both Telstra and vodaphone offer unlimited txt and phone calls.

So where's Optus?

Optus launched its unleashed data plan last month, offering unlimited data (though once again with that 1.5Mbps speed cap). The plans were originally offered in March, but then later withdrawn before being offered again in April to selected customers. 

Limitless?

The race toward unlimited data is clearly the next frontier for Australia's mobile carriers, but that speed cap will still hobble Aussies looking for a truly "unlimited" experience. That tagline could also raise the hackles of the ACCC, which has long warned telcos not to make one promise to customers that is later qualified in the fine print. 

A spokesperson for the ACCC said the watchdog couldn't comment on individual telcos, but warned it had previously taken action against businesses using "absolute claims such as 'free' and 'unlimited'."

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Optus was contacted for more details on their offering, but a spokesperson advised these plans were a limited "tactical" offer that finished 2 may 2018.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Those are post paid and aren’t on recharges...

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

the ACCC has long warned telcos not to make one promise to customers that is later qualified in the fine print. 

My point is Why would someone be willing to pay $90 - $120 a month when they can get the same service offered at better speeds for $60. Your being a little petty with your picking and not doing Optus any favours here. Sorry for using the word prepaid in the wrong spot.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors