Searching...

Mobile Products & Network

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Barring of all Premium SMS and MMS - HOW??

domwild

Hi,

"To request barring ... visit optus.com.au/premiumsms". Yes, I have done that, but all it tells me is to send STOP to someone, who has scammed me already.

Please tell me clearly HOW TO BAR ALL PREMIUM SMS & MMS SERVICES as I am a refugee from Telstra, where a one-click/opt-in cost me $20.20. The web page did not tell me how to request barring ..............

Thanks.

domwild

Re: Barring of all Premium SMS and MMS - HOW??

petergdownload

Use the live chat on this site. Ask for your monthly SMS Premium limit to be set to $0. 

They can do it quite easily.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

domwild

Why does the recommended web page not state how to bar all Premium Services? The folder containing the SIM claims it has info re barring, not so!

If you subscribe to forum Whirlpool it tells you that scammers even disregard receiving the STOP SMS to the recommended number and still charge monthly "subscription" fees.

Solution

domwild

Thanks for answer. I finally managed as there is no link to live chat!

The only way to get into Live Chat is to tick the "Solved" box for the search of "Live Chat". Lots of "Chat does not work" entries before I ticked the solved box.

That link there then took me into Live Chat to set the limit to zero. The survey afterwards contains a nonsensical answer, namely "I would have emailed" if no solution is found. THERE IS NO CONTACT EMAIL GIVEN ON ANY OPTUS WEB PAGE.

petergdownload

So it's sorted? You can also get to chat if you go to contact us page and then select the"something else" option several times. They don't make it easy though. 

There is a page here for setting sms to $0 but it's pretty buried and appears to be broken anyway as you can't login to get through to the setting.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Marie

Hey domwild,

Thanks for letting us know about your experience. 

You can find the process to changing your limit here

We also have a Wiki page on this.

There is a Let's Chat tab on our website which will be available when our agents are, they can from time to time become busy which does mean during this time. 

You can click to chat with them via the My Optus App as well as on our Website.

Hope this helps, shout out if there is anything else we can give you a hand with.

Cheers.

petergdownload

The How To Manage your Monthly Spend option doesn't work unfortunately. You can never get to the Optus site with the sliders.

If you want to set future spends to $0 you'll need to ring or chat with optus direct.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Esther

Are you trying this for a monthly voice or mobile broadband service Peter?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

petergdownload

Monthly voice. 

When you get to the self mobile management login screen you can't login. Try to register an account and similarly you get a come back later error.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Esther

Hnnn,,very odd. Can you private message me your account details including DOB for ID and a screenshot of the issue so I can follow this up?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Post a Reply
Introducing the Optus Business Care hub

Here you’ll find a complete suite of help and support exclusively for our small and medium business customers. Read More

Top Contributors
36 Kudos
17 Kudos
13 Kudos
11 Kudos
9 Kudos