Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
GregV
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Bar premium sms

I've just been looking at the Optus app to see if I can bar premium sms services on my post paid Optus mobile account. I can't see an option in the app to do this.

Is there a way to do this without having to call Optus?

Greg

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Davelew
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Bar premium sms

Hi

Login to My Account>Click on Your Mobile Service>Settings>Premium SMS Spend>then follow the prompts and set your spend to zero.

Sometimes people have trouble with accessing this and then your option would be Online Chat and asking your Premium SMS Spend to be set to zero.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
GregV
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Dave.

I have found the option in Optus Zoo Portal.. needed to create an Optus Zoo Account them login to set my premium sms spend to $0.

Given the amount of people being scammed by Mia marketing, would be a good idea for Optus to bar premium sms unless you specifically wanted it, and add the option to their app for easy on/off.

Thanks for your help Dave.

Greg

0 Kudos
Davelew
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

The good news is they are changing their policies with regards to premium SMS.   See attached link:https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Changes-to-our-Premium-Services-offering/ba-p/351928

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Top Contributors