Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
justicewarrior
New Contributor
New Contributor

Bad service to good customers

COMPLAINT: Why are good customers being mistreated? I have been a long time loyal customer and had faith that if i ever had an issue they will provide me with good service. Recently I had to make a claim for a new phone due to damages. This was my first ever claim with optus since being an optus customer. I had to pay and accepted the excess charges yet the process to replace my phone is taking very long even to be provided with a loan phone. I pay insurance on top of my plan because if worse comes to worse i wont be without a phone. I can clearly see there in no security in having insurance. Which i find is misleading to customers. Optus is really ripping me and others off. I did go into a optus store to resolve the issue. But staff where useless, not willing to help and rude. Ive obided by all optus outlines to my contract but left to feel like optus is stealing from me.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Bad service to good customers

I believe the Optus Insurance Scheme is run by a seperate company. This doesn't absolve Optus but some aspects of the process may be beyond their control. If you have the option of handling insurance under your contents then I would recommend going only with that after this situation is resolved.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Marie
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Bad service to good customers

Sorry to hear that this has been the experience you've had @justicewarrior,

Apologies for the delayed reply.

To confirm having insurance doesn't guarantee access to a loan device, we have limited stock and make it available where we can.

You can refer further to our PDS → http://smb.optus.com.au/opfiles/OnePortal%20Shared%20Content/IMM02387_1420396_Device_Protect.PDF about what our insurance product covers.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos