cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor el2y
New Contributor

Bad service and unreasonable charges

I recently went overseas and I switched off my mobile data before i board my plane to leave australia. I plan to use my phone for emergency only for calls and text message. I was sooo shocked to find out data roaming charges. when i tried to contact Optus, they said they will get back to me and put my message as urgent. i contacted them a few more times upon returning and they said the person in charge (shai) of my case will call me the next day. i waited and waited. after 3 weeks, i only received a message saying the charge was valid. i then chatted online with lovely r. took them sooo long to attend to your enquiry and come back with the same answer. i then ask how and when and where did i use overseas data roaming as i purchased mobile broadband to use overseas. they told me the data charged to me was at 7.40am - 8.30 am in the morning. I do not agree to the charges and would like to dispute it. i know it was charged to my account but i do not believe i have used it as i would have been sleeping at that time. i had set my schedules for holiday where to go and what to do. does anyone has same experience? the customer service can't help. they are all lousy. i have been trying to contact them on many occassion regarding other matters too but they are hardly ever contactable. you chat with them and they took so long to answer your questions and eventually we get disconnected. 

anyone switching to optus please think twice. i switched from vodafone. vodafone has bad coverage in the area i used to live and i had no choice but to switch. i guess i have to reconsider once my contract ends. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Re: Bad service and unreasonable charges

Hey @el2y, I can appreciate your frustration 😞 I'm really sorry that you've been unable to get this resolved through other platforms - if you're still needing a hand, can you please PM me with your account number/mobile number, full name and DOB?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor slark
New Contributor

Unreasonable roaming charges to NZ

I recently went NZ and I opened up optus travel pack for 2 days for 20 dollars  . I planned to use my phone for emergency. I was sooo shocked to find out data roaming charges with $487 dollars with 690 mbs. Optus sent me 3 msg during that time, once i received the last one i did actually turn off the data roaming and switched my phone to air mode. I contacted Optus on 24th of Feb night, the representative Russel told me he cant see any extra usage so requested to come back once bill generated. Then i contacted Optus again with Noel, he was saying they can't do anything about this either not thinking for customer to get rid of this bill by signing with other plan or any. I am asking Optus to review this bill again and do necessary if anything can be better than this

anyone switching to optus please think twice. i switched from vodafone. Now i feel so regrettable. 

P.S i did receive only 3-4 alerts msg from Optus for monitoring the usage, however, they have all been disappeared in my Optus Alert msg box which is very tricky. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Re: Unreasonable roaming charges to NZ

Hey @slark - I've responded to your other thread. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos