cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Milperra
New Contributor

Bad reception

Reception at Milperra NSW 2214 is so bad that we can make hardly any calls either inside our bulding or even outside.... This bad reception issue is going on for a couple of months now... Any upgrade plans or any solutions?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bad reception

are you talking about mobile data or actual internet service? I checked the towers within your post code on the network status and found a few towers going through maintenance. This could be the factor? but need more info so we can provide more relevant info. When you talk about bad reception, are your calls dropping out ? is your data not connected? is your internet service dropping, frezzing, slow speeds ?
0 Kudos
New Contributor Milperra
New Contributor

Its mobile data but more so normal phone calls (receiving / making).... calls are even dropping off and quite often not even connecting when somebody is calling... as I( said problem is going on for month and signal strenght (inside / outside) is barely one barr on my smartphone.

Co workkers are facing the same problem... hardly any useable reception....

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

the only troubleshooting i would suggest is doing an isolation test. this is done by just testing the sim card on another phone that is and DIFFERENT MODEL + BRAND. just to rule out its not the sim card. you wouldnt happen to have the iphone x or xr do you ?
0 Kudos
New Contributor Milperra
New Contributor

we changed sim cards and tried also sim cards in different phones.

We are using different Samsung models throughout the office but no Apple devices....

Its really frsutrating....

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Where's the building roughly located, just so I can get a better idea of the sort of indoor coverage we'd expect? 

There's also a great resource online → Oz towers. You can check the distance you are from the closest mobile tower as well the cellular frequency bands the tower operates on. 

Looking at an over view of coverage in 2214, we're looking pretty good. I'm seeing high indoor and outdoor 4G and 3G coverage, 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Milperra
New Contributor

address is * Ashford Avenue Milperra 2214

towers are quite near to location but reception on 4G as well as 3G is sub standard....

considering to test a different provider and give up on 40+ optus services...

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hmm, you're surrounded by towers on all sides. We're seeing great 4G and 3G coverage.

Have you tried reporting the issue at all? There are certain things I can't see from my side (such as network congestion). We'd be able to how many times your service(s) are dropping off the Optus network and the amount of calls that have failed or message attempts (receiving and sending) 

We've recently introduced messaging via the My Optus app. You can leave us with your details and we'll message you back to discuss the matter in more detail. You'll need to tap the, "Help" tab → "Message us

I've edited your post to take out the address number (just for privacy reasons). * 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos