Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
MACV
New Contributor
New Contributor

BIRTH CERTIFICATE MUST BE INCORRECT!!

Optus, Received the following email, and when I clicked the site was requested to enter my birth date only to receive a message stating it was incorrect - as I have had the same birth date for over 78 years!!!!, what is going on?   

Hi Ian,
You've provided this email address as the one to receive all of your bills, installation information and other service updates.
Next step is to verify your email address so we can send your bill and other important information to you. If your email address isn't verified, your bills may be sent via a paper bill which incurs a $2.20 monthly fee.
To verify your email address, please click here.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: BIRTH CERTIFICATE MUST BE INCORRECT!!

Sending out emails with embedded links inviting customers to fill in security details?  Wow.

@MACV I'd suspect the customer survive person (or you) has done a typo setting up your account. Try reversing month and day if possible. They can sometimes enter the date you joined as dob on autopilot.

Otherwise contact live chat and get it corrected. Unfortunately asking for your DOB as Id is the start of every conversation so be prepared for some frustrating contact before it's corrected.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
MACV
New Contributor
New Contributor

Not guilty Peter.  DOB is in numeric/alpha/numeric format!!

I'll chase them up on the phone, shouldn't take more than an hour!

I was with Virgin (no problems), however they have given (sold) their Mobile business to Optus.

Cheers,

Ian McVie 

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Good luck. Live chat is usually a quicker connect. You may find the DOB issue a bit harder to fix as it's probable Optus have entered the one they have into several different systems. Fingers crossed they can get them all updated and done.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors