Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Zkaizen
New Contributor
New Contributor

'Available Now' phrase in mobile phone webadvertisement not accurate: Note 9

Hello

Just making this known - frustrated with Optus advertising the Note 9 as 'Available Now' in their website and being told 5 days later that they are waiting for stocks to arrive for handset allocation.  I would rather know upon talking to their sales consultant the actual availability (stocks left) and delivery timelines of their handset rather than giving the impression that it is actually available (physically in-stock or even low stock numbers) for handset allocation on the time of order so expectations are not built up.  I was hoping to use this phone on a rapidly upcoming overseas trip.

Incidentally, I checked the Note 9 Blk 512gB advertisement just this morning and now it says 'out of stock', this was not changed until yesterday when I checked it was 'Available Now' then.

To be honest, I would have gone to a retail store and bought the phone - a number of stores have this model still avaibale - if I was told at the beginning the protracted ordering - allocation - delivery process. Please look into streamlining your communications between teams.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shauna
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: 'Available Now' phrase in mobile phone webadvertisement not accurate: Note 9

Hey @Zkaizen - thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I can certainly see your point of view here & I've flagged this post for our marketing team to review. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
blocker
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: 'Available Now' phrase in mobile phone webadvertisement not accurate: Note 9

HiZkaisen. Were you able to get a 512GB Note 9 in the last fortnight since your last post here? f you did get one, I am keen to know how. I have been waiting since the beginning of September.
0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

I'm sorry for any miscommunication @blocker, when did you last receive an update from us?

I've checked our most recent stock report and the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 523GB has reached end of life.

We don't have available stock in our warehouse and we won't be placing any new orders with Samsung for this product.

If you did want to proceed with a cancellation, I can action that for you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors