Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Apple watch 4 number share issue

SydneyCOY

Hi there I purchased new Apple Watch 4 cellular and GPS from apple store. When trying to connect it says “your Optus account is not eligible to enable mobile data on your Apple Watch. Contact Optus on 133-937 for more information. 

I have contacted the chat desk five times over a few days now. Tried resetting, waiting 24hrs, number sharing is all set up so I am told but it does not work. I only bought the Apple Watch so I did not have to carry my phone all the time..... so at the moment it is useless. Anyone having the same issue or can suggest a fix? 

Re: Apple watch 4 number share issue

Dan_C

Hey @SydneyCOY, I should be able to work this one out for you.

Usually, we're required to go in and remove the existing number share profile and the number share add-on and reprovision it for you.

Tends do the trick!

Send us a PM  with your account details. I need your full name, DOB and mobile number. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

SydneyCOY

Hi Dan thanks for your enthusiasm, however after 8 online chats and 2 calls from the helpdesk later the issue is not resolved.  I have spent over 6 hours online and on the phone on this issue aver the last 3 days..... each time re-explaining the issue to someone new. I have reset the watch a number of times, reset and erased settings apple watch on phone. All to no avail....... problem reference report is 19709397.  

Aman_B

Hi @  SydneyCOY -  Definitely get that this would be frustrating and totally appreciate  your concerns.  Could you please confirm your details Here as requested by Dan so that we can look into this. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

SydneyCOY

I have been promised that someone will call to rectify this issue, however i have not received a call. I have spent an significant amount of time with over 10 online chats and a number of emails and the problem is still not rectified. 

SydneyCOY

Problem still going. I have been promised a call from the technical team but still waiting! 

WoyBoy

From my experience there are two issues to check. First make sure your phone plan is a personal plan and not with Optus Business. Second, if you have an old sim card in your phone, ask for a replacment. Apparently some old sim cards will not enable the connection of an Apple watch for number share. Hope this helps anyone that has the same problem.

Dan_C

Great tips @WoyBoy Smiley Happy 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

ChrisPeeBits

I’ve had the same issues as @SydneyCOY.

Note I am on a business plan.

i bought the phone in June 2018! It’s Feb 2019... last call was last year.....

changed email addresses etc.... just want my money back and for the watch to me gone....

can someone facilitate that???

SatineIvy

SydneyCoy just wondering whether your problem did get resolved eventually? I’m having similar issues. Since two months ago I have had 4 online chats and 2 calls to customer service , similar things they told me to unpair repair, reset etc but nothing works. And every time they say they will check with their technical team to call me back but no one ever does! Getting ridiculously annoying! 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
110 Kudos
89 Kudos
76 Kudos
74 Kudos
71 Kudos