cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor Fester1952
New Contributor

Apple Watch 4 Supplied Sim

I have an existing iPhone sim plus an iPad sim. I now have an Optus bought Apple Watch 4. The Apple Watch is setup with number share and everything is working as expected. Optus supplied a sim card with the watch and I fail to see why it is needed as the watch has an e-sim. Anyone know why they supply a sim? I have not activated it, just sits in a cupboard! Can this sim be used in another device like a mobile broadband wifi device?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Apple Watch 4 Supplied Sim

You can use it in another device but you'd have to select a plan for that said SIM. As the Apple Watch 4 doesn't need a SIM but they probably threw it in the box by force of habit rather than "need".

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
New Contributor Fester1952
New Contributor

Re: Apple Watch 4 Supplied Sim

Thanks for the reply. Looking at my account info it has that the sim service number is already on a plan, $15 per month for 3GB data. The 3GB data allowance is added to my data pool. So my data pool consists of 3 service numbers, my mobile, iPad and the sim number that came with my Apple Watch. My wife and daughter also purchased the Apple Watch 4 through Optus and they also received a sim! 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors