cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Apple Music with Optus free trial

It says in the Apple Music Optus Offer terms:

Activating the Offer - Once the Offer has been added to your Optus plan, we will send you an SMS within 72 hours which contains a link to the Apple Music.”

However, I went to the Optus Shop in Maribyrnong, Chatted using My Optus App and lastly Phone Called Optus Customer Care - no one could properly help me on who is responsible in sending this link.

I also received my first bill today stating the following:

22 Apr to 21 May - $47 Optus Choice Build 60GB >>>>>  $47.00
22 Apr to 21 May - Apple Music Subscription >>>>>>>>>  $11.99
22 Apr to 21 May - Apple Music Sub Disc 12M >>>>>>>>> $11.99 CR
22 Apr to 21 May - Optus Sport >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> $0.00

And finally, I chatted to the Billing Department called James this morning and he advised me that I should be paying my Apple Subscription directly to Apple and he forwarded to my email address the Customer Authority Form - New Contract.  I asked him - what is he talking about when Optus is definitely offering this Apple Music Trial (the main reason I decided to move from Telstra to Optus).  So he advised me to file a complaint which he now raised: Complaint Ref Chat Request ID: 493317.

Is this really a bait to lure in new customers?

How can it be activated when I haven't even received an SMS or Email to link my Apple ID with Optus Bill?

Could you please properly advise and help me?

----------------
Succeeding events:

Today (25 Apr 12:54pm) - I received a phone call from a case supervisor (02 8049 2850) and admitted the billing department made a mistake and she said the Technical Department will help me.  She tried to transfer me to the Technical Team - three 3x times (phone connections dropped each time she tried to transfer me).  It's 1:16pm now, I am still waiting for a phone call....

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Apple Music with Optus free trial

----------------
Succeeding events:

Saturday (25 Apr 6:01 pm) - Filed a complaint about this issue.  Until now - Thursday (30 April 11:02am), no response via email, text or phone call.

Tuesday (25 Apr 11:31 am) - Filed a complaint about this issue.  Until now - Thursday (30 April 11:02am), no response via email, text or phone call.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi MacgyverAus,

From our Apple Music help and support page:

You can opt-in to Apple Music with Optus at the time you sign up or recontract onto an eligible Postpaid Mobile phone plan.

You can also opt-in to Apple Music with Optus within 30 days after signing up for an eligible Postpaid Mobile phone plan, via:

Your Apple Music service will start within 72 hours of opting-in. You will receive an SMS from Optus with a link to access Apple Music.

To activate Apple Music with Optus, follow the steps in your activation SMS. If you did not receive an activation SMS within 72 hours, try the opt-in steps above again, or contact us.

You must link your Australian Apple ID to the Apple Music app on your compatible device. If you don’t already have an Apple ID, you can create one in the app. If you have forgotten your Apple ID, check out Apple’s support page.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

"If you did not receive an activation SMS within 72 hours, try the opt-in steps above again, or contact us."

I have read that so many times.  The issue is - I have never received this SMS and have been asking so many times in different ways - 1. MESSAGE APP MESSAGES 2. PHONE CALLS 3. YES CROWD and 4. COMPLAINTS

I ran out now of way to communicate with OPTUS.  Can you understand where I am coming from?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

So you've tried the opt-in steps?

If you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter  with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Definitely OPTED-IN, that's why I have these transactions in my first bill:

22 Apr to 21 May - $47 Optus Choice Build 60GB >>>>>  $47.00
22 Apr to 21 May - Apple Music Subscription >>>>>>>>>  $11.99
22 Apr to 21 May - Apple Music Sub Disc 12M >>>>>>>>> $11.99 CR

I have sent a PM to Optus on Facebook right now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have received this silly email from OPTUS in response to this issue and complaint:
----------------------
30/04/2020

Hi Gian,

Good day. We hope this email finds you well.

This is with regards to your email enquiry about your Apple Music subscription. We would like to confirm that this is free for 12 months. Once the 12 month-free subscription is over, you may contact us to have this cancelled or you can continue with a fee.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through these challenging times. Stay safe.

Kind Regards,

Mary
Optus Email Servicing
----------------------

This is not the issue.

The issue is: I HAVE NOT RECEIVED SMS TO LINK MY APPLE ID TO OPTUS.

Can someone please resolve this? How many times will I have to explain what is the problem. 

Gesssh can someone please give me a call to resolve this?

0 Kudos