cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Longtermuserdwr
New Contributor
New Contributor

Apple Music has been ruined by Optus and I need them out.

Optus has fckd my Apple Music subscription, I’ve had a family account since the first day they entered aus and now since signing up after purchasing my new phone I’m ready to throw my phone and my 15yo Optus account in the trash.
When Optus switch my account it’s been downgraded to a single account so now my family can’t play music. I’ve already spoken to support and they were meant to cancel the Optus account but no they can’t even do that right. So now I’m stuck without music because I can’t make any changes to my Apple subscription. Whenever I go into my Apple account it says I’ve already got an account with my provider. I can’t upgrade, cancel or anything. I just want Optus out of my account.
Can anyone help me get them out so I can have my music back.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Apple Music has been ruined by Optus and I need them out.

I'd suggest your blaming the wrong company. Changing your Telco should have nothing to do with Apple music accounts. Optus just provides data. Have a talk with Apple about why their accounts have changed and on how to restore your setup.

Peter Gillespie
0 Kudos
Longtermuserdwr
New Contributor
New Contributor

The thing is I haven’t changed telco, I’ve been with Optus for 15 years. Only thing that has changed is swapping my music account to Optus when I upgraded phone.
I’ll have to try get some info from Apple then, I can see me losing all my content if they have to reset my account.
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Is a stressful thought but I suspect unlikely. Apple pride themselves on foolproof redundancy systems so one of their bodies should be able to restore everything to how it was. As you can still see your music I suspect it's some sort of authentication issue that your family just needs to have updated

Good luck and let us know how it goes

Peter Gillespie
0 Kudos
Longtermuserdwr
New Contributor
New Contributor

First reply from Apple says it’s Optus holding up my account, still going to see if there’s another way to get them out.
0 Kudos
Longtermuserdwr
New Contributor
New Contributor

Solved. Apple was able to cancel the Optus subscription for me via a back door.
I’m am back to playing seperate music from my kids.
Thanks for the suggestions.
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Thanks for letting us know how it for solved.
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I've read up on the FAQ's for  the Apple Music Promo.

Just for other customers who already have an existing Apple Music sub billed for directly by Apple and are concerned that they may lose their song library. 

Apple Music song library alert

Customers who already have an Apple subscription must select to continue with Optus during the activation process. This may generate an alert suggesting they will lose their song library.

However, this is not correct.

Glad to hear Apple Support were able to help out with this one @LONGTERMUSERDWR

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy