Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Apple Music free trial with Optus

apple msuic image.PNG

Optus has partnered with Apple to provide a free Apple Music trial for eligible Optus Postpaid Mobile customers.

The free Apple Music trial is available for eligible customers who sign-up/recontract to, and remain on, selected 12 and 24 month Postpaid Mobile plans from 22 July 2019. See the table below for eligible plans.

Free Trial Duration

PLAN NAME

6 Months

$45 My Plan Plus(Jul 19)

6 Months

$65 My Plan Plus(Aug 19)

12 Months

$85 My Plan Plus(Aug 19)

6 Months

$89 Promo Plus(Sep 19)

6 Months

$99 Promo Plus(Sep 19)

12 Months

$105 My Plan Plus(Jul 19)

12 Months

$125 My Plan Plus(Jul 19)

12 Months

$149 Optus One(Sep 19)

6 Months

$45 My Plan Plus(36M Sep 19)

6 Months

$65 My Plan Plus(36M Sep 19)

12 Months

$85 My Plan Plus(36M Sep 19)

6 Months

$89 Promo Plus(36M Sep 19)

6 Months

$99 Promo Plus(36M Sep 19)

12 Months

$105 My Plan Plus(36M Sep 19)

12 Months

$125 My Plan Plus(36M Sep 19)

12 Months

Optus One $149 plan(36M Sep 19)

To check if your Optus plan is eligible for an Apple Music free trial, visit the entertainment section in My Account
Data charges apply. For further details, click here.

FAQs

Can I use Apple Music on my Android mobile?
Yes, Apple Music is supported on both iOS and Android devices.

What if I already have an Apple Music subscription?
You can only have one subscription to Apple Music per Apple ID at a time.

If you are already signed up for Apple Music directly with Apple and try to also sign up for the Apple Music free trial with Optus using the same Apple ID, you will be asked to choose which account you would like to keep. 

You may have noticed a message suggesting that you will lose your music library if you cancel your subscription with Apple. Don’t worry, this isn’t accurate – all your music will be saved and accessible through your Apple Music with Optus subscription when you sign in using the same Apple ID.

You can learn how to cancel your Apple Music subscription with Apple here.

What if I have already had a free trial with Apple Music, am I eligible for another one with Optus?

Yes! If you’ve had a free trial to Apple Music either with Apple or another provider in the past you are still eligible to receive a free Apple Music trial from Optus on selected plans.  Limit 1 free Apple Music trial with Optus per service per Apple ID.

For the full list of FAQs please visit our Help & Support.

If you have any questions, please comment below 🙂

7 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Apple Music free trial with Optus

Unfortunately we had to trade the other streaming services "free" data for this offer.

Lost iview, netflix, stan etc free @ 1.5Mbit (enough for 720p) and also lost the free data on spotify etc

Sneaky move that may catch people out who move to tge new plans. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
New Contributor Elleoholic
New Contributor

I checked yesterday with someone from the chat and they said if you stay with your current free streaming plan it'll remain intact, however as you said Paddy, they remove it if you change / upgrade. Looks like I'll be on 30GB for the rest of my life! 

Google Music and Spotify free streaming are the reason most people I know use Optus.. Especially since Telstra is mostly recognised as an Apple company. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor jonnyfraser222
New Contributor

Yep I agree. This is why I've stayed loyal with Optus for many, many years. And now I'm due to upgrade my phone and plan and have realised that Spotify is no longer a perk. Well, see ya Optus, I'll go find a better deal elsewhere.

And I also know a lot of family and friends with Optus because of the free entertainment streaming, especilly Spotify. I don't know anyone that uses Apple Music.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

No one else offers free data for Spotify. 

So if you set spotify to the top quality in tge app, thats only 150Mb an hour.

Say you streamed for 50 hours a month thats only 7.5Gb of data. 

If you have spotify premium you can save the songs to your device - so wont need to stream them to play them.

Spotify streaming doesnt use much data at all. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
New Contributor SluggishNBN
New Contributor

Hi,

I recently upgraded one of my mobile services to the $125 MyPlan Plus new iPhone plan that is entitled to 12 months of free trial of Apple Music. Everywhere that I have read said that I can opt in and opt out if I log in to My Account and go to the Entertainment tab but this was not the case as all I can see if just Optus Sport. I have managed to get Live Chat to assist and activated the free trial for me but till now, I still don't see Apple Music under the Entertainment tab for the mobile service in My Account.

I would appreciate if someone from Optus can look into this.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@SluggishNBN

Activation summary

1. Customers will receive an opt-in confirmation SMS 
  2. The app will confirm their free trial eligibility 
  3. They then receive a Welcome SMS to complete the activation process and link their Apple ID
  4. Customers who already have Apple Music must select to continue with Optus to ensure they receive the $11.99 per month credit and avoid any risk of double billing
  5. The free subscription trial period begins

New or recently re-contracted should be able check Apple Music trial eligibility and manage their subscription via the Entertainment section in My Account. 

It can take upwards of 24-48 hours for any new changes to reflect in My Account. If it still hasn't update -, For peace mind, it might be worth contacting us to ensure  that the bolt-on has indeed been applied. It get that it's not a an extra you should have to take, but we do want to be certain. 

If for any reasons you're not receiving the Apple Music credit on your next invoice, we'll definitely credit the charge back to your account. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor SluggishNBN
New Contributor

Hi Dan, I did not receive the opt-in confirmation SMS and Welcome SMS when I recontracted on 1 Oct, maybe because the new plan was not switch on as I have yet to receive the new iPhone which was on backorder then. When I finally got the new phone, I still did not receive the SMS until I went on Live Chat and got their assistance to activate it for me. This was on 17 Oct and I have followed the instructions in the SMS to complete the activation. When I login to My Account this morning (24 Oct) and go to the mobile service number, I still don't see the Apple Music listed under the Entertainment section of My Account. I will definitely be contacting Optus again to have it sorted out.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors