Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Apple Music free trial with Optus

[ Edited ]
Optus

apple msuic image.PNG

Optus has partnered with Apple to provide a free Apple Music trial for eligible Optus Postpaid Mobile customers.

The free Apple Music trial is available for eligible customers who sign-up/recontract to, and remain on, selected 12 and 24 month Postpaid Mobile plans from 22 July 2019. See the table below for eligible plans.

Tablex.PNG

To check if your Optus plan is eligible for an Apple Music free trial, visit the entertainment section in My Account
Data charges apply. For further details, click here.

FAQs

Can I use Apple Music on my Android mobile?
Yes, Apple Music is supported on both iOS and Android devices.

What if I already have an Apple Music subscription?
You can only have one subscription to Apple Music per Apple ID at a time.

If you are already signed up for Apple Music directly with Apple and try to also sign up for the Apple Music free trial with Optus using the same Apple ID, you will be asked to choose which account you would like to keep. 

You may have noticed a message suggesting that you will lose your music library if you cancel your subscription with Apple. Don’t worry, this isn’t accurate – all your music will be saved and accessible through your Apple Music with Optus subscription when you sign in using the same Apple ID.

You can learn how to cancel your Apple Music subscription with Apple here.

What if I have already had a free trial with Apple Music, am I eligible for another one with Optus?

Yes! If you’ve had a free trial to Apple Music either with Apple or another provider in the past you are still eligible to receive a free Apple Music trial from Optus on selected plans.  Limit 1 free Apple Music trial with Optus per service per Apple ID.

For the full list of FAQs please visit our Help & Support.

If you have any questions, please comment below Smiley Happy

Re: Apple Music free trial with Optus

Paddylee

Unfortunately we had to trade the other streaming services "free" data for this offer.

Lost iview, netflix, stan etc free @ 1.5Mbit (enough for 720p) and also lost the free data on spotify etc

Sneaky move that may catch people out who move to tge new plans. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Elleoholic

I checked yesterday with someone from the chat and they said if you stay with your current free streaming plan it'll remain intact, however as you said Paddy, they remove it if you change / upgrade. Looks like I'll be on 30GB for the rest of my life! 

Google Music and Spotify free streaming are the reason most people I know use Optus.. Especially since Telstra is mostly recognised as an Apple company. 

jonnyfraser222

Yep I agree. This is why I've stayed loyal with Optus for many, many years. And now I'm due to upgrade my phone and plan and have realised that Spotify is no longer a perk. Well, see ya Optus, I'll go find a better deal elsewhere.

And I also know a lot of family and friends with Optus because of the free entertainment streaming, especilly Spotify. I don't know anyone that uses Apple Music.

Paddylee

No one else offers free data for Spotify. 

So if you set spotify to the top quality in tge app, thats only 150Mb an hour.

Say you streamed for 50 hours a month thats only 7.5Gb of data. 

If you have spotify premium you can save the songs to your device - so wont need to stream them to play them.

Spotify streaming doesnt use much data at all. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
78 Kudos
74 Kudos
63 Kudos
55 Kudos
49 Kudos